Confidence is much more of an important trait to have than people realize. Being confident increases the likeliness of people managing new situations, having healthy relationships, while also having less rates of anxiety and low self-esteem. Just think of how life can be if you really had enough confidence in yourself.
I once thought being confident and being ok with myself just wasn’t meant to happen. It was possible for everyone else, but not for me.
- Don’t settle for anything less than you deserve. Think of your goals and your ideal self, then set out be your own ideal vision. When you get to the point where you can vividly imagine your ideal life, you tend to unknowingly make decisions to lead you down that path.
- You are all you have. You must be your own support system. While friends make promises, and family is blood, relationships should never be taken for granted. You have to be ok for yourself when things go wrong. The longer you always rely on other people to make you happy, the longer you will be unhappy.
- Do not prioritize anyone over yourself. No one else is truly your world. People just live in it. Society bullies men and women alike into thinking they have to slave for the other around them. Think of the potential you could unlock by prioritizing your own happiness instead of others.
- Always set goals, and consistently complete them. Those who fail in life tend to have no ambition, nor the confidence to think they can achieve something great. Once you start completing goals, you will build enough confidence to take on bigger challenges. Eventually, you will be the person you always dreamed of. Don’t settle for mediocrity and have regret suck away your self-esteem.
- Don’t tolerate any disrespect. This should be a given. If you allow a person to tear you down, you will eventually believe you deserve it. I assume your inner self is stronger, better, than that. A true leader and person of happiness would not tolerate such disrespect. It shows to yourself, and to others, that you don’t have backbone and it is ok for others to treat you the same. Be consistent in standing up for yourself, and people will respect you.
These are only a few tips. I have so much more so share eventually.